Saturday, April 20, 2013

Commemorate the 238th anniversary of April 19 1775


★`*´¨`*´•.¸¸¸.´ !! SALE NOTICE !! `.¸¸¸.•`*´¨`*´★


19 April 1775 is one of the most important dates in American history . . . the official start date of the American Revolutionary War.
To commemorate the 238th anniversary of this war, join u
s from 19-21 April as we knock back the price of No Gentleman Is He by Carley Bauer and Lynette Willows to just $2.38!
-- As the threat of war comes ever closer, wills are tested through gunfire, treachery, danger, and kidnapping. Does Colton dare trust Cassandra with Sons of Liberty secrets? More importantly, can he trust her with his heart? --
Reviewers said:
"I felt as if I was there living in those exciting, yet hard times, when this country began its journey to independence. It really retells the American history. It had everything you want and more. A beautiful love story and an exciting book, you really feel for these people in those times." ~ Dana, 5 stars
"I just finished reading "No Gentleman Is He", it really is a must read. I was wary when my wife suggested I read it. I looked at the cover. Was it a love story or was it based in historical fact? She assured me the book had enough of both to please any reader. Let me say, I wasn't disappointed." ~ Cole34, 5 stars
"I haven't read a historical romance in a very long time but I am so glad that I read this. This book had me hooked from the very beginning. I normally only have time to read at night, but found myself looking for opportunities to squeeze in a few chapters during the day. The story was well written, and the attention to history made me feel like I was living in that time period." ~Diane, 5 stars
"The best book I have read in a long time." ~Roin, 5 stars
"Once I started this book, I couldn't put it down. This is a great, historical romance." ~ barb0607, 5 stars
★`*´¨`*´ !! 19-21 April, No Gentleman Is He -- $2.38! !! `*´¨`*´★






Excerpt
~~~
“Hush, they come,” Jackson warned.

In the silence, there was no mistaking the heavy footfalls of British soldiers walking in cadence, the sound of marching increased as they neared where Colton and the rebels were hiding. Fortunately, the British still went by “fair warfare” rules, conspicuous in their battle scarlets, marching in rows out in the open. It made them sitting targets. The British would soon learn the tactics of America’s new warfare style of stealth ambush.

When the soldiers had filed past, Jackson quietly relayed what had happened in Lexington while they all huddled close to listen.

“And no one knew which side fired the initial shot?” Colton asked.

“No. It could have been theirs or ours, no one knows. All we know is all hell has broken loose. We just left Captain Parker at Lexington Green.” Hunter said. “The captain said, ‘Stand your ground. Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here.’”

“Was our message passed in time?” Colton asked, glancing between Jackson and Hunter.

“No, Revere was caught by patrolling soldiers,” Hunter said. “Dawes and the other messenger escaped. Revere just stayed there, not sure why. Either he froze in indecision or to give the others time to escape. We can only hope they got word through. They took Revere prisoner until the soldiers heard the ruckus in Lexington.”

“At least Paul finally gathered his wits and lied,” Jackson added, “telling them there were more rebel forces than there actually were. They let him go outside of Lexington. I suppose they did not want a prisoner to slow them down. Of course, they took his weapons.”

Far off shouts behind them halted the conversation and all heads turned.

A reddish orange glow appeared over Concord. The British were setting fire to the town.
~~~

Get your copy for just $2.38, through Sunday, 21 April.







No comments: